• 2021 SEPTEMBER ONLINE - COLOR for PAINTERS will be taught by founding faculty Nicole Michelle Tully.
• The class will be dedicated to exploring perceptual color and what the eye sees. It will focus on the practical application of color theory and color perception in color charts, still-life painting, and master-copy painting.
•Instructor will guide students through various painting exercises using color charts, various limited palettes, and different toned grounds. Each student will work from video subjects provided by Studio Escalier (still life as well as clothed/ draped figure), learn by copying from hi-res photos of master paintings assigned by faculty, and paint assigned subjects from life.
• New course content ( video lectures, demonstrations, slideshows, assignments) will be be published online each week by 12:00AM midnight on FRIDAY and SATURDAY night (Paris time – GMT+1), making it available first thing in the morning on Saturday and Sunday, to all students worldwide.
• The class will meet once a week online as a group on SUNDAY, for discussion. Each student will have a 30-minute private critique per week, scheduled on THURSDAY or FRIDAY.
• Students will paint weekly assignments from videos provided, from hi-res photos of master paintings or subjects from life assigned by faculty, to be pursued outside of daily faculty supervision.
• 2021 SEPTEMBER ONLINE | COLOR for PAINTERS will accept a maximum of 18 students.
Course Dates, Online Platforms and Schedule
• The program dates are Sunday, 5 September 2021 - Friday, 1 October 2021 (4 weeks).
• First online group meeting time(s) and date: SUNDAY, 5 SEPTEMBER 2021 (exact hours TBA).
• New course content ( video lectures, demonstrations, slideshows, assignments) will be be published online each week by 12:00AM midnight on Friday and Saturday night (Paris time – GMT+1), making it available first thing in the morning on Saturday and Sunday, to all students worldwide./p>
Individual critiques and group meetings will take place weekly on Thursday and Friday.
• Video and slideshow content will be hosted on Vimeo.com, and available only through the Studio Escalier website.
Individual weekly critique and weekly group meetings will take place on Zoom.
• A private Facebook Group will be created for those students who wish to share their work from the class and interact with each other during the course.
The Facebook group will be monitored by the instructor and participation is optional.
• The price for 2021 SEPTEMBER ONLINE | COLOR for PAINTERS is 650 euros