• 2022 SPRING ONLINE - THE PORTRAIT will be taught by founding faculty Nicole Michelle Tully.
• Instructor will demonstrate and guide students through visual, conceptual and practical concerns in drawing and painting a long-pose portrait.
• Students will have a choice between several views of 2 main portrait models recorded on video, and can work on one painting or multiple paintings during the course of the class.
• Weekly video demonstrations will take students through the process of long-pose portrait painting over the course of 7 weeks:
• The Color Study
• The Preparatory Drawing
• The Transfer and Underpainting
• The Second Pass
• The Unifying Pass
• Each week will will consist of:
• 3 to 5 hours of video demonstration, hosted on Vimeo (released weekly Friday night)
• Drawing / painting projects for students for the week
• Sunday lecture discussing themes for the week and art historical context
• One 30 minute individual critiques on Zoom (Thursday & Friday)
• New course content ( video lectures, demonstrations, slideshows, assignments) will be be published online each week by 12:00AM midnight on SATURDAY night (Paris time – GMT+1), making it available first thing in the morning on Saturday and Sunday, to all students worldwide.
• Weekly online group meeting and instructor lecture-presentation held twice each SUNDAY (1 hour), in one morning and one evening time slot (Paris time – GMT+1).
• Individual critiques will be arranged as required once each week on THURSDAY or FRIDAY, for 30-45 minutes each.
• 2022 SPRING ONLINE | THE PORTRAIT will accept a maximum of 18 students.
Course Dates, Online Platforms and Schedule
• The program dates are Sunday, 3 APRIL 2022 – Friday, 20 MAY 2022 (7 weeks).
• First online group meeting time(s) and date: SUNDAY, 3 APRIL 2022 (exact hours TBA).
• Video and slideshow content will be hosted on Vimeo.com, and available only through the Studio Escalier website.
Individual weekly critique and weekly group meetings will take place on Zoom.
• A private Facebook Group will be created for those students who wish to share their work from the class and interact with each other during the course.
The Facebook group will be monitored by the instructor and participation is optional.
• The price for 2022 SPRING ONLINE | THE PORTRAIT is 1300 euros