• 2024 SPRING ONLINE - THE PORTRAIT will be taught by founding faculty Nicole Michelle Tully.
• Instructor will demonstrate and guide students through visual, conceptual and practical concerns in drawing and painting a long-pose portrait.
• Students will have a choice between several views of 2 main portrait models recorded on video, and can work on one painting or multiple paintings during the course of the class.
• Weekly video demonstrations will take students through the process of long-pose portrait painting over the course of 7 weeks:
• The Color Study
• The Preparatory Drawing
• The Transfer and Underpainting
• The Second Pass
• The Unifying Pass
• Each week will will consist of:
• 3 to 5 hours of video demonstration, hosted on Vimeo (released weekly Thursday night)
• Drawing / painting projects for students for the week
• Sunday lecture discussing themes for the week and art historical context
• One 30 minute individual critiques on Zoom (Thursday & Friday)
• New course content (video lectures, demonstrations, slideshows, assignments) will be be published online each week by 12:00 midnight on THURSDAY night (Paris time – GMT+1), making it available in the morning on FRIDAY to all students worldwide.
• Weekly online group meeting and instructor lecture-presentation held each SUNDAY (1 hour), one evening time slot (Paris time – GMT+1), with a recorded version available by MONDAY evening.
• Individual critiques will be arranged as required once each week on THURSDAY or FRIDAY, for 30 minutes each.
• 2024 SPRING ONLINE | THE PORTRAIT will accept a maximum of 18 students.
Course Dates, Online Platforms and Schedule
• The program dates are Friday, 1st MARCH 2024 – Friday, 19 APRIL 2024 (7 weeks).
• First online group meeting time(s) and date: SUNDAY, 3 MARCH 2024 (exact hour TBA).
• Video and slideshow content will be hosted on Vimeo.com, and available only through the Studio Escalier website.
Individual weekly critique and weekly group meetings will take place on Zoom.
• A private Facebook Group will be created for those students who wish to share their work from the class and interact with each other during the course.
The Facebook group will be monitored by the instructor and participation is optional.
• The price for 2024 SPRING ONLINE | THE PORTRAIT is 1450 euros