• 2024 WINTER ONLINE - COLOR for PAINTERS will be taught by founding faculty Nicole Michelle Tully.
• The class will be dedicated to exploring perceptual color and what the eye sees. It will focus on the practical application of color theory and color perception in color charts, still-life painting, and master-copy painting.
•Instructor will guide students through various painting exercises using color charts, various limited palettes, and different toned grounds. Each student will work from video subjects provided by Studio Escalier (still life as well as clothed/ draped figure), learn by copying from hi-res photos of master paintings assigned by faculty, and paint assigned subjects from life.
• New course content ( video lectures, demonstrations, slideshows, assignments) will be be published online each week by 13:00 each FRIDAY (Paris time – GMT+1), making it available to all students worldwide.
• Weekly online instructor lecture held live once each SUNDAY, at 18:00 (Paris time – GMT+1). (A pre-recorded version will also be available for those who cannot attend the live meeting.)
• Individual critique (30 minutes) will be offered once each week on THURSDAY or FRIDAY between 8:00 and 18:00 Paris time (GMT+1).
• Students will paint weekly assignments from videos provided, from hi-res photos of master paintings or subjects from life assigned by faculty, to be pursued outside of daily faculty supervision.
• 2024 WINTER ONLINE | COLOR for PAINTERS will accept a maximum of 18 students.
Price, Course Dates, Online Platforms and Schedule
• The price for 2024 WINTER ONLINE | COLOR for PAINTERS is 1075 euros
• The program dates are Friday, 5 January 2024 - Friday, 9 February 2024 (5 weeks).
• First online group meeting time(s) and date: SUNDAY, 5 JANUARY 2024 18:00, Paris time ( GMT+1).
• Video and slideshow content will be hosted on Vimeo.com, and available only through the Studio Escalier website.
• Individual weekly critique and weekly group meetings will take place on Zoom.
• A private Facebook Group will be created for those students who wish to share their work from the class and interact with each other during the course.
The Facebook group will be monitored by the instructor and participation is optional.